So I just beat GTA V’s story mode (again, after completing it in 2015) and am now saving at 100%. I’m currently looking up (and hating) excerpts about Leonora’s Secret and it just occurred to me that GTA V, at least in my opinion, has worse design flaws than all the collective problems people have with the Assassin’s Creed series.
For comparison, I use Unity as the most controversial/arguable in the series:
- The bottom of the sink: The card is filled to the brim and collected until it overflows. I remember Unity getting a lot of criticism for this problem, GTA did not. I didn’t think GTA was that good. Where Unity gives you the ability to filter different actions on the map, GTA doesn’t even do that well. The semi-intelligent way (if you can call it that) is that GTA handles this by not showing the information I’m about to give in point 3 on the map.
- GTA IV and V exhibit two of the worst cases of ludonarrative dissonance I’ve ever seen in a game story. For the carnal world that Los Santos is supposed to be, the three main characters are among the most cartoonish and least believable I’ve ever seen (and no, that’s not part of the series’ brilliant satire, it’s just bad characterization).
- Collectibles of no importance: This is one aspect of the AC series that still gets a lot of criticism: the sheer number of collectibles. I agree that there are a lot of them in Unity, but at least the game helps the player by marking them on the map and indicating what their completion actually does (so you can skip them if you’re not interested). In GTA, there are 50 letters (reward short mission), 50 UFO coins (reward cutscene), 30 submarine coins (another cutscene), 50 stuffs, nuclear waste, peyote plants, packs, below deck challenge, etc. And the worst part is that there is no guide in the game to help you figure it out!
- Design of side mission : Invoking the video camera, the developers at ubisoft think copying/pasting the same mission to a different part of the map counts as content, I mean really, but how is 13 parachute jumps repeating the same flight training and ammo problem any different?
- Artificially increase replayability: One of my personal goals in the AC series was to introduce optional objectives because it takes away from the player’s freedom, but at least the optional objectives in AC are. connected to the player during the mission and b. accessible from the start. To get a gold medal in many GTA V missions, the player must miss the cup! Or the mission has a chase scenario, but either way, you don’t have to scratch the car.
I’m really curious why people don’t think a game like AC Unity is good (and boring/bad), while GTA 5 is seen as a masterpiece and a great game, even though in terms of game design/gameplay elements it has just as many problems, if not more.
Source: Original link
- Poor game design.
At first I thought it would be fun as a city builder, but with real choices and the fact that it’s so easy to lose, it became much more interesting. In fact, close to the game of my dreams! But almost every aspect is wrong. To begin with…
- Skeleton ships vs. skeleton forts – Game design
Has anyone noticed that on most servers there is always a skeleton ship cloud in the air and rarely a fortress skull? Now I’m guessing – but I’ve never seen two assets at the same time. I saw a comment that the server was displaying one or the other -.
- This game rewards bad play
GAH, I’m so sick of this, why doesn’t wg do anything to promote the game as a good game, I lost 10 games in a row today because every team top third decides in good tanks, the best they can do is save at positions that only…..
Post a comment about what counts as good or bad game design (or good or bad game design in general) for Game News.
Top 10 most anticipated video games of 2020
2020 will satisfy both classic and modern players. To be on the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there must be a compelling reason for it to be released that year. Upcoming games that are only announced and do not have a major release date are therefore not eligible.
Top 15 NEW GAMES FOR 2020 [FIRST HALF]
By 2020, there will be a ton of… in the world of video games. Here are fifteen games to look forward to in the first half of 2020.
is observation a good gameobservation game redditobservation game explainedwhat makes a good video gamewhat makes a bad gameobservation game sequel,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,is observation a good game,observation game reddit,observation game explained,what makes a good video game,what makes a bad game,observation game sequel,observation game boring,observation secret ending