Today, a series of new independent games were announced for the Nintendo Switch. Some may have already been introduced to you, others are brand new. Watch the 20 minute presentation below and read the press release for more information!
In presenting the Indie World that the world dreams of today, Nintendo unveiled an exciting selection of independent games that will soon be available on the Nintendo Switch system thanks to the passionate efforts of independent developers from around the world who have found their place at Nintendo.
The innovative first-person shooter games SUPERHOT and Hotline Miami Collection, both part of the Hotline Miami series, are available today in the Nintendo Online Shop. Gearbox Publishing’s Risk of Rain 2online multiplayer game has been unveiled this summer as coming to Nintendo Switch, while Shiro Games’ Northguard strategy and mythology game Northguard and Flight School Studios Creature in the Well pinball game, inspired by the dungeon caterpillars, are available for pre-order today. In addition, on the 27th the acclaimed Ori action platformer and the acclaimed Blindenbos will arrive. September for Nintendo Switch as Ori and the Forest of the Blind: Final Edition.
Since its launch in 2017, Nintendo Switch has been a platform for independent developers, says Kirk Scott, Partner Relations Manager for Independent Developers at Nintendo of America. With today’s release of a diverse range of independent content, Nintendo Switch owners can look forward to expanding their digital libraries with a variety of quality independent games that can be played at home or on the go.
The full list of games included in today’s Indie World video includes :
- Explore the mysterious and beautiful Forest of Nibel in the visually stunning platform game Ori and the forest of the blind in the visually stunning: Final edition, developed by Moon Studios and published by Xbox Game Studios. The award-winning game tells the story of a young orphan boy destined for heroic action. It features hand-painted and carefully animated characters and a fully orchestrated score. The last edition is scheduled for the 27th. September for the Nintendo Switch and will include a variety of new features.
- The Hotline Miami Collection includes the two games from the neon-soaked and cheeky Hotline Miami series, developed by Dennaton Games and published by Devolver Digital. This top hit that combines a hard shooter and skull-breaking melee fight with an exciting, surreal and mysterious story is available today on Nintendo Switch.
- Team SUPERHOT from SUPERHOT blurs the boundaries between cautious strategy and unbridled chaos. SUPERHOT is an innovative and elegant first-person shooter where time only moves when the player moves. Without regenerative health bars or well-placed ammunition drops, the player must shoot, hit and maneuver through a whirlwind of slow-moving balls. SUPERHOT is available for the Nintendo Switch today.
- Developed by Hopoo Games and published by Gearbox Publishing, Risk of Rain 2 is the sequel to the classic multiplayer game Risk of Rain, which adds an extra dimension and more complex action. Players can tackle the game on their own or battle hordes of monsters with friends, unlock new loot and find a way to escape the planet. Rain 2 for Nintendo Switch this summer.
- Torchlight II, developed by Panic Button/Runic Games and released by Perfect World Entertainment, is an award-winning action role-playing game for Nintendo Switch. The game features single-player adventures and online multiplayer* for up to four players, with a huge world full of bloodthirsty monsters, lush treasures and dark secrets. The Nintendo Switch version features an exclusive in-game pet in the shape of a chubby pink unicorn.
- Explore a beautifully detailed post-apocalyptic world in Eastward, an adventure game featuring RPG elements from developer Pixpil and publisher Chucklefish. In a nearby community on the edge of the abyss, a working miner named John discovers a young girl named Sam in a secret underground chamber. This misguided couple embarks on an emotional journey through a wondrous strange world, exploring bustling cities, curious campsites and shady forests. Eastard is expected to be released on Nintendo Switch in early 2020.
- Freedom Finger from Wide Right Interactive is a side-scrolling musical shooter that guides players through 37 levels of crazy cartoon action as they progress. Beat them, beat them and crush them on Freedom Finger’s 27th birthday. September is released completely uncensored for the Nintendo Switch.
- Take the journey you’ve always dreamed of in Shin’en The Touryst . Players have the chance to discover exotic islands, explore ancient monuments, penetrate deep mines and discover secret passages. Touryst for Nintendo Switch will start in November.
- Skellboyfrom developer Umaiki Games and publisher Fabraz is an action RPG where players can trade not only weapons and equipment, but also body parts! Like an old hero resurrected by accident, the player embarks on an epic journey through a vibrant fantasy world set against the backdrop of rocking chiptune roads. Skellboy cuts himself off on the 3rd. December makes its way to the Nintendo Switch.
- Developed by Polygon Treehouse and published by United Label, Röki is an adventure game inspired by Scandinavian folklore – a contemporary and courageous story supported by a touching story, seductive art style, ancient puzzles and atmospheric exploration. Röki arrives at Nintendo Switch this winter with his non-violent gameplay, accessible controls and versatile theme.
- Developed and published by frecle, Youropa is an adventure painting puzzle platform with the theme of breaking rules, head posture and thinking outside the box. With physics puzzles, riddles, ferocious enemies, environmental hazards and much more, Youropa is a tricky adventure that puts the player’s perception in the third dimension to the test. Vyropa will be present at the Nintendo Switch in 2019.
- EarthNight by Cleaversoft is a beautiful 2D platform game with hand-drawn dragon apocalypse illustrations and a love letter to classic arcade games. People have been banished to space, dragons have taken over the earth and a 14-year-old schoolboy and a freelance photographer can stop them. EarthNight will arrive at the Nintendo Switch in 2019.
- Dungeon Defender: Awakened by Chromatic Games is the latest installment in the popular Dungeon Defenders series. The Dungeon Defenders game: Awakened is the perfect combination of action RPG and strategic tower defense, allowing players to choose from four unique heroes and team up with friends in co-op mode for up to four players in split screen**. Dungeon Defenders: Awakened will be released in February 2020 as an exclusive limited-time console title for Nintendo Switch.
- Skater XL from Easy Day Studios Pty Ltd is the next evolution of skateboard video games and brings the fun, creativity and culture of skateboarding to the digital world. Developed by a team of passionate skateboarders, Skater XL allows players to add style and expression to their tricks without the limitations associated with standard animations. Skater XL will arrive at the Nintendo Switch in 2020.
Players can expect more major independent games to come to Nintendo Switch in the near future, including :
Players who are new to the extensive catalogue of independent games for Nintendo Switch, or seasoned gamers who are wondering what to play now, can view the video presentation and find the full list of games at https://live.nintendo.com/.
Craig has covered the video game industry since 1995. His work has been published in various media. He is currently editor and employee of Age of Games.
How to load…
control ultimate edition review ign,control metacritic ps4,control ultimate edition ps4,control ultimate edition ps4 reddit,control ultimate edition ps5 upgrade,control ultimate edition (ps4 amazon),control ultimate edition switch,control ultimate edition gameplay,control ultimate edition ps4 release date,control ultimate edition review switch,control ultimate edition physical,control ultimate edition outfits,control ps5,control metacritic,control pc review,control epic games,control ultimate edition reddit,remedy entertainment,control ultimate edition review ps5,control cloud version free,control ultimate edition xbox,control game,nintendo eshop,control ultimate edition price,control ultimate edition review pc,control ultimate edition amazon,control ultimate edition release date