Table of Contents
Here are the lucky ones! Baccarat is for you. Baccarat is a fun game of chance that is easy to learn. Although Baccarat has become an increasingly popular game, most people still do not know the rules of this game. In addition, people who learn this game continue to play with fun. We have prepared a detailed guide for those who want to learn this game.
Because of the popularity of the game, crypto gambling with Baccarat is now available with a couple of casinos online. Our guess is that this will only help the upwards trend rolling, and it’s a game that will be around for a long!
Although Baccarat is an easy game, its rules are very different from other games. Unlike other well-known card games, players do not play against each other but against the bank.
Check out this guide where we explain all the Baccarat rules and answer all your questions about Baccarat.
How Baccarat Cards and Points Work
Firstly, I want to start by explaining how Baccarat’s points work. In this way, everything will be more transparent when you learn the game’s rules.
The game’s object is to guess the hand with the closest possible score to 9 or 9. That’s why it’s important to know what points the cards are worth. Also, the point system of cards in Baccarat is different from other games. Here is the point system for baccarat cards:
- First of all, cards 2 to 9 are in their own value. For example, two cards are worth 2 points, and three cards are worth 3 points.
- Tens cards and Picture cards are worth 0 points.
- The ace card is worth 1 point.
- In addition, if the total point in the opened hand is in double digits, we consider the second digit of the total point. For example, if the total point is 13, the point is calculated as 3.
Tired of losing while playing Baccarat online? Be sure to check out our guide on how to lose less while playing at an online casino.
What are the Rules of Baccarat?
If you understand the game’s point system, it’s time to learn the rules. Here are the Baccarat rules:
- First of all, there are 7 to 14 seats in the game.
- Every player who wants to play must place a bet before the games start.
- There are three different betting areas: Banker, Player, and Tie. So, you can bet on any of these three areas.
- When the game starts, two cards are dealt with the Player and the Banker first. Then the total point of the cards in the Banker and the total point of the cards in the Player decide the next move.
- According to some rules, the Player or the Banker draws a 3rd card. I will explain these rules in a moment.
- To conclude the game, the total value of the cards is checked. The winner is the player area or banker area who makes a nine or is closest to a 9.
- Suppose the total points of the cards on both sides are equal, a draw tie. The dealer pays the winnings and collects the lost bets.
- If the Banker wins and you have placed your bet on the Banker, the dealer will deduct a 5% commission from your winnings.
- If the player area wins the field and you place your bet on this, you will receive all of your winnings.
By the way, do you want more details about crypto casinos? Then you don’t take a few minutes to take a look at our article.
When is the Third Card Drawn?
Firstly, the Player draws the third card before the Banker. Also, in all cases, the third card is not drawn. The game decides whether or not to draw the third card, subject to specific rules. The rules for the Player to draw the third card are as follows:
- If the sum of the Player’s card values is five or less, the dealer draws the third card.
- If the total value of the cards in hand is 6 or 7, you will not draw a third card.
- The Player or Banker’s cards have a total value of 8 or 9, the hand naturally wins, and there is no need to draw a third card. In other words, whichever Player or Banker has achieved 8 or 9 points in total, naturally wins.
There are other rules for the Banker to draw the third card. Additionally, you don’t need to memorize these rules, but I’ve prepared a chart for you to browse whenever you want:
|Player’s Third Card||Banker Action|
|9, 10, J, Q, K, A||Draws on a 0-3, stands on a 4-7|
|8||Draws on a 0-2, stands on a 3-7|
|6, 7||Draws on a 0-6, stands on a 7|
|4, 5||Draws on a 0-5, stands on a 6-7|
|2, 3||Draws on a 0-4, stands on a 5-7|
Baccarat Tips and Tricks
At the beginning of my article, Baccarat is an easy game to play. You have already noticed this. So, you may want to start playing this game right away, but you should definitely look at the following tips first.
- First of all, you don’t just bet on your own hand in this game. Remember that your goal is to bet which hand will win.
- Picture cards don’t matter. The important thing is to predict the area that reaches or approaches the number 9. Don’t forget 9.
- It is always the Player area’s turn to draw the first card.
- It is essential to know by what rules the third cards are drawn. This will help you understand the game better and increase your enjoyment.