Today, a series of new independent games were announced for the Nintendo Switch. Some may have already been introduced to you, others are brand new. Watch the 20-minute presentation below and read the press release for more information!
Presenting the Indie World the world dreams of today, Nintendo unveiled an exciting selection of independent games that will soon be available on the Nintendo Switch system thanks to the passionate efforts of independent developers from around the world who have found their niche at Nintendo.
The innovative first-person shooter games SUPERHOT and Hotline Miami Collection, both part of the Hotline Miami series, are available today in the Nintendo Online Shop. Gearbox Publishing’s online multiplayer game Rain Risk 2was revealed this summer as coming to Nintendo Switch, while Shiro Games’ strategy and mythology inspired Northguard and Flight School Studio and balloon-inspired crawler dungeon Creature in the Well are available for pre-order today. Additionally, the critically acclaimed action platform game Ori and the Forest of the Blind will arrive on the 27th. September for Nintendo Switch as Ori and the Blind Forest: Final Edition.
Since its launch in 2017, Nintendo Switch has been a platform for independent developers, says Kirk Scott, Partner Relations Manager for Independent Developers at Nintendo of America. With today’s release of a diverse range of independent content, Nintendo Switch owners can look forward to expanding their digital libraries with a variety of quality independent games that can be played at home or on the go.
The full list of games included in today’s Indie World video includes :
- Explore the mysterious and beautiful Forest of Nibel in the visually stunning platform game Ori and the Blind Forest in the visually stunning: Final edition, developed by Moon Studios and published by Xbox Game Studios. The award-winning game tells the story of a young orphan boy destined for heroic action. It features hand-painted and carefully animated characters and a fully orchestrated score. The final edition is scheduled for the 27th. September for the Nintendo Switch and will include a variety of new features.
- The Hotline Miami Collection includes the two games from the neon-soaked and brutal Hotline Miami series, developed by Dennaton Games and published by Devolver Digital. This top hit that combines hard-hitting shooter and skull-crushing melee combat with an exciting, surreal and mysterious story is available today on Nintendo Switch.
- Team SUPERHOT blurs the lines between prudent strategy and unbridled chaos. SUPERHOT is an innovative and elegant first-person shooter where time only moves when the player moves. Without regenerative health bars or well-placed ammo drops, the player must shoot, hit and maneuver through a whirlwind of slow-moving balls. SUPERHOT is available today for the Nintendo Switch.
- Risk of Rain 2, developed by Hopoo Games and published by Gearbox Publishing, is the sequel to the classic multiplayer game Risk of Rain, adding an extra dimension and more complex action. Players can tackle the game alone or team up with friends to battle hordes of monsters, unlock new loot and find a way to escape the planet. Rain 2 for Nintendo Switch this summer.
- Torchlight II, developed by Panic Button/Runic Games and published by Perfect World Entertainment, is an award-winning action role-playing game for Nintendo Switch. Featuring single-player adventures and online multiplayer* for up to four players, the game features a massive world filled with bloodthirsty monsters, lush treasures and dark secrets. The Nintendo Switch version includes an exclusive in-game pet in the form of a chubby pink unicorn.
- Explore a beautifully detailed post-apocalyptic world in Eastward, an adventure game with RPG elements from developer Pixpil and publisher Chucklefish. In a nearby community on the brink of collapse, a working miner named John discovers a young girl named Sam in a secret underground chamber. This mismatched couple embarks on an emotional journey through a wonderfully strange world, exploring bustling cities, curious campgrounds, and shady forests. Eastard is expected to be released on Nintendo Switch in early 2020.
- Freedom Finger by Wide Right Interactive is a side-scrolling musical shooter that sends players through 37 levels of crazy cartoon action as they progress. Beat them, beat them and crush them on Freedom Finger’s 27th anniversary. September will be released completely uncensored for the Nintendo Switch.
- Take the journey you’ve always dreamed of in Shin’en The Touryst . Players will have the chance to discover exotic islands, explore ancient monuments, penetrate deep mines and discover secret passages. Touryst for Nintendo Switch will launch in November.
- Skellboyfrom developer Umaiki Games and publisher Fabraz is an action RPG where players can trade not only weapons and equipment, but also body parts! Like an ancient hero accidentally resurrected, the player embarks on an epic journey through a vivid fantasy world against the backdrop of surging chiptune roads. Skellboy cuts himself off on the 3rd. December is making its way to the Nintendo Switch.
- Developed by Polygon Treehouse and published by United Label, Röki is an adventure game inspired by Scandinavian folklore – a contemporary and brave story supported by a moving narrative, seductive art style, ancient puzzles and atmospheric exploration. Röki arrives at Nintendo Switch this winter with its non-violent gameplay, accessible controls, and versatile theme.
- Developed and published by frecle, Youropa is an adventure painting puzzle platform themed around rule breaking, head attitude and thinking outside the box. With physics puzzles, riddles, ferocious enemies, environmental hazards and more, Youropa is a tricky adventure that tests the player’s perception in the third dimension. Vyropa will have a presence on the Nintendo Switch in 2019.
- EarthNight by Cleaversoft is a beautiful 2D platform game with hand-drawn dragon apocalypse illustrations and a love letter to classic arcade games. Humans have been banished to space, dragons have taken over the earth, and a 14-year-old schoolboy and a freelance photographer can stop them. EarthNight will arrive at the Nintendo Switch in 2019.
- Dungeon Defender: Awakened by Chromatic Games is the latest installment in the popular Dungeon Defenders series. The Dungeon Defenders game: Awakened is the perfect combination of action RPG and strategic tower defense, allowing players to choose from four unique heroes and team up with friends in split-screen cooperative play**. Dungeon Defenders: Awakened will be released in February 2020 as an exclusive limited-time console title for Nintendo Switch.
- Skater XL from Easy Day Studios Pty Ltd is the next evolution of skateboarding video games, bringing the fun, creativity and culture of skateboarding into the digital world. Developed by a team of passionate skateboarders, Skater XL allows players to add style and expression to their tricks without the limitations associated with standard animations. Skater XL will arrive on the Nintendo Switch in 2020.
Players can expect to see more great independent games coming to Nintendo Switch in the near future, including :
Players new to the extensive catalog of independent games for Nintendo Switch, or seasoned gamers wondering what to play next, can watch the video presentation and find a full list of games at https://live.nintendo.com/.
Craig has been covering the video game industry since 1995. His work has been published in various media. He is currently an editor and contributor to Age of Games.
How to load…
ori will of the wisps, ori and the blind forest, ori furniture, ori games, ori switch, ori wiki, ori ps4, ori and the will of the wisps release date